Policies & Insurance
The following standards are set to ensure that all participants have an enjoyable time while participating in park programs.
It is unacceptable behavior:
- to use profanity or other inappropriate language
- to be disrespectful or show noncompliant behavior
- to cause intentional damage or deface park property
- to cause continuous disruptive behavior
- to exhibit any aggressive act (hitting, kicking, biting, etc.) either initiated or in retaliation
Temporary removal or permanent suspension from programs or facilities may result if behavior standards are not maintained.
The Bedford Park District carries no medical insurance and assumes no liabilities for personal injuries or for loss of personal property while attending recreational activities. A participant's family policy must cover any medical cost incurred.
Participant Liability Waiver & Hold Harmless Agreement
- Risk of Injury: "As a participant in the programs, or as a parent or legal guardian of a participant under 18 years of age, I recognize and acknowledge that there are certain risks of physical injury, and I agree to assume the full risk of injuries, including death, damages, or loss which I may sustain as a result of participating in any and all activities associated with the Bedford Park District."
- Waiver of Injury Claims: "I agree to waive and relinquish any and all claims I may have arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with the activities or programs."
- Release from Liability: "I do hereby fully release and discharge the Bedford Park District and its officers, agents, employees from any and all claims from injuries, including death, damage or loss which I or my minor child/ward may have or which may occur on account of participation in the programs. In the event of any emergency, I authorize the Bedford Park District to secure from any licensed hospital, physician, and/or medical personnel any treatment deemed reasonable and necessary for my minor child's immediate care and agree that I will be responsible for payment of any and all medical services rendered."
These Are Your Parks!
Please walk on the grass, smell the flowers, hug the trees, talk to the birds and sit on the benches ... but remember to:
- Leave your alcohol at home
- Park in designated areas
- Get a picnic permit for groups of 25 or more
- Go home when the park closes
- Call us if you see anything that needs our attention 458-2265.